Monday, February 8, 2010

State of Emergency

So... as most of you know I have not posted up here in a VERY long time; well a lot has been going on with me, and I haven't actually been in DC for about a month now; I've been in Richmond, VA for my job. So I didn't really find it appropriate to be writing about DC while I'm not actually there, but what the hell, you guys can't go that long without a post from me right???

Well even though I've been working in Richmond, VA for my job, since it's still relatively close to DC I have been traveling back on the weekends and man the SNOW has made this very stressful, so bad that I was not able to make it home this past weekend. But a lot has been going on, so where do I begin....

Well, I am establishing a good little group of friends in DC. My friend Jon, who actually went to my high school, goes to school in DC and we have started hanging out, and Doug and I, who I met through a friend, have been hanging out a lot as well. They are basically my two good friends that I hang out with the most while I'm there. I am working to meet new people, but it's a little difficult to do when I'm only there on the weekends. But yeah, I'm still working on meeting new people but it's still too early to have established really close friends.

Love life, is basically non existent. I have gone out on about 7 dates with the person we'll call "J" who I mentioned in a previous post. We haven't been able to see each other in the past 2 weeks, due to weather conditions, and just conflicting schedules. We still talk on the phone, and everything is good with that but the fact that I'm not there as much definitely puts a damper on the whole thing, so we'll see what happens, I'll keep you posted.

So I'm sure you're all dying to hear about all of this FUCKING snow that we've been receiving in DC. Yes, this past weekend we got over 2 FT of snow, the worst snow storm that DC has seen since 1995/1996! The city called for a State of Emergency! Shutting down stores, shops, above ground metros, bus system, EVERYTHING! It was a bit ridiculous, bars were still open though! But this just let me in Richmond, so I had a fairly depressing weekend. Last weekend though we got another storm leaving us with 6" of snow; I was actually in DC for that one. I was freaking out, afraid I wouldn't be able to make it back to Richmond on Monday, but I was fine.

The pictures I posted below were taken in Richmond, VA this weekend; the snow was not nearly as bad here as it was in DC, but I figured I'd give you a looksy!

OK, so this upcoming weekend I will be going to Raleigh, NC where I went to school! I am sooooo excited to go back to see all of my closest friends who I haven't seen in so long! It's going to be very weird now going back and not actually having my bed there, or being so behind on what's going on in everyone's lives. Once you move away you can't possibly keep up with EVERYONE so some people you just have to catch up with once a year, it's sad really, but that's what happens when you graduate from college. :(

So yeah, since I've waited so long to post, I couldn't possibly sit here and bore you with every single detail of what has gone on with me in the past month, so I'll leave it at this; lets recap


1- I brought the snow to DC, sorry guys, you can blame me
2- I am going to be single for the rest of my life :( j/k
3- I am in Richmond, that is my excuse for waiting so long to post, but I promise, I refuse to do this again, I will start keeping you posted
4- I am going back to Raleigh this weekend, so Raleigh better watch the FUCK out!

Well don't loose faith in me yet guys, keep checking me out, and I will definitely have more stories to entertain you with what's going on in my life

D's Quote of the Day : When life brings you snow, buy up all the food in the grocery store because your ass is not leaving the house

D's 2nd Quote of the Day : Just because you drive an SUV, does NOT mean that you are incapable of crashing in the snow

D's 3rd Quote of the Day : (I saw this on Oprah's show because apparently this bitch is serious about texting and driving) "Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet him"

I thought I'd catch you up on some quotes, bye guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment