Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Finally Here

So I have a lot to update you on because A LOT has happened in the past few days. So lets start from the beginning.


4 Dec : So I spent the night in Raleigh to say goodbye to my bests B & G! We went and saw my friend E's senior design show and she got second place! I was really proud of her, she did a great job! Then we went out to a bar and got to spend those last moments together. I am really going to miss those girls, they have stuck with me through everything.

5 Dec : So I wake up early in the morning to take the drive to DC, and OF COURSE it is snowing like crazy. I literally go like 50 mph the entire way because the storm was so bad, and only got worse the closer I got to DC. I meet my parents at my apartment and they have brought my TV and that's it. So at this point my apartment has.... a TV! The movers have let me know that they will not be able to move my things into my apartment until Monday. So I have two nights to sleep on the floor. AWESOME! No big deal, right? So first day in DC, what the hell do I do with myself.... NOTHING! It's no friends, no idea what to do, all this anticipation to get here and I have no idea what to do with myself. So I try an occupy myself, I went to target to get some things for the apartment, I walked around the city a little bit, got some dinner, and then headed home. The snow put a damper on my sightseeing so I came back to my empty apartment, alone, watched some dvd's and went to bed.

6 Dec : So a 22 year old, is all alone in the city; what is a kid to do. Well I did what any kid my age would do.... I shopped, and I shopped, and I shopped! And about $600 later I realized, oh shit I need to stop! I went and got somethings for my apartment, did some grocery shopping, got some clothes, you know, it's very easy to spend all your money when you have nothing else better to do. But then I realized, I need to get out, it's a Saturday night, and I need to do something with myself. So, while I was in Atlanta, GA a while back, I met who live in DC, so I decided to give him a call and see if he wanted to hang out, and of course he did, I mean honestly, who would pass up and opportunity to hang out with me?? Ok haha, I'm totally kidding. Well we met at Krispy Kreme and tried to come up with a game plan of where we wanted to go. Well within 5 minutes of hanging out I realized, this kid is going to annoy me all freaking night, which he did! We first decided to go to this one bar Cobalt. The bar was fun, and the crowd was really cool, but this kid put me in such a bad mood, I couldn't even concentrate on anything else other than how the HELL I was going to get away from him. So I the entire time, I'm not listening to anything he's saying, I'm just in my head planning my next course of action of getting out of there. So, I decide I don't even remember what he said to annoy me, but I remember just yelling, "Don't fucking touch me" and walking away, and not talking to this kid again. Yes, I was that mean. Because I finally came to the conclusion, just because I'm in a new city and don't know anyone, doesn't mean I have to force myself to be miserable hanging out with people I don't like. I'm fucking 22! I should be able to do whatever the hell I want. Well needless to say, my night was ruined, so I headed home early saddened, wishing my friends were with me here. It's really hard starting from scratch and not knowing anyone, but I mean, I had only been in DC for a little over 24 hours, so I can't expect much, I'm still new. So again I arrive home, to an empty apartment, alone, $600 poorer, and pissed! Yay for night #2!

7 Dec : So my furniture arrives, and my mood immediately changes! My apartment is complete, I have a brand new queen sized bed to sleep on, nice leather couches to lay down on and watch TV, I'm only missing a dining room set, that side of my apartment is looking a little bit bare, but it will come with time. I pretty much spend this entire day going through boxes wondering "why the hell do I still own this." It also sucks because living in the city in a tiny little apartment, there is no where to store things, so I ended up throwing A LOT of JUNK away that I would normally keep because I think to myself "man... i may use that one day." Well so much for that! Haha

9 Dec : Now today is Wednesday, and my girls B & G are coming on Friday and I am soooo excited. This week pretty much everyday after work I have been exploring somewhere new every night and keeping myself occupied. I have been remaining social and I have met 3 "new people." I say new people because they are people that I have made short conversation with while out and they have gone to say "hope to see you around" Cool thing about DC, it is very tiny, compared to other big cities, so you are likely to see many of the people again. Going out in Dupont just in this week, I have seen people on more than one occasion, so it gives you a sense of security that it has a small town feel in the midst of such a big city. I really think I am going to like it here! I am currently at Soho Tea and Coffee since I don't have internet yet in my apartment. This place is awesome for food and coffee, and internet, and the people here are very friendly. It reminds me of this coffee shop Helios at home, so I have a feeling I'll be spending a lot of time here.

OK... so now that I have updated you on my LIFE! Time to add photos, I will add those tomorrow so be on the lookout for those. You will be able to see my APT and photos that I have just been taking of the city. I really can't wait for the weekend, work has kept me super busy that I don't even see the light of today. Today I worked for 11 hours! AHHH! But hey, it keeps me busy so I'm for that!

D's Quote of the Day : What did people do in the city before IPhones; it's my radio on the subway, it's my navigation system when I'm trying to find my way around, it's my communication with others, it's my computer/internet when I need to look up information or find a place to eat, I would be totally lost without it! My advice, get one, you'll never understand it until you have one!

1 comment:

  1. People without iPhones have conversations with people and aren't constantly distracted!! Haha Glad you are liking DC :)

    ReplyDelete