Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Merry Christmas to All Bitches!

So it is the night before Christmas Eve, and I'm not out celebrating... I'm not packing to head home.. no I'm taking it easy because I have to be to work tomorrow! Great, welcome to the real world, you know the non-college real world! Whatever happened to the days when you get like a MONTH for the break! Gah! But I did take off pretty much all of next week, and GUESS WHO'S COMING TO VISIT... B, G, & F! I am so excited! B & G have been planing to come this entire time, but we've been trying to convince F to come along. And I think she finally came to her senses and realized, why the HELL wouldn't she??? So one of my friends that I met over the weekend invited me out on Monday night to this place called JR's in Dupont and that was pretty fun. Apparently every Monday they do this thing where they play music from musicals and all the little gay boys sing along. Who would've thought this would be a hit amongst the gays in DC. Of course I'm not singing along because I don't recognize any of the music. So our plan was to go out for a little bit, and head home early so we could catch the metro before it closed. Well, the plan was working perfectly until some guy offered to buy us drinks for the rest of the night AND drive us home. Uhh can you say BAD IDEA! 2 beers turned into 5 and a mixed drunk. Bitch was DRRUUNNNKKK! And I didn't make it home until 3AM! FML! To bed at 3AM, up at 6AM to work by 7! Needless to say, I was feeling it BAD at work the next day. Thank GOD we have a sauna at my job, PERFECT for hiding and for hangovers! So yeah that was the excitement of my week, everyone else is so excited about going home for the break, me I really could careless about going home; I have absolutely no desire to go home. Is this bad? Maybe I'm just getting old; I find myself enjoying just sitting at home all alone, and watching TV, and drinking Capri Suns! I swear something about those things take me back to the kid soccer days!

But OK! So there was something important I wanted to mention in this post. Oh yeah, so I'm thinking about moving; why, well because I'm really sick of every time I meet someone they ask, "where do you live" and I'm like, "Oh, SW off the waterfront" and their response is "OMFG! THE GHETTO! YOU'RE GOING TO DIE!" You know, I have no problem with my apt, I actually love it, but I can't have people thinking that I live in the ghetto! Plus, I hate the green line, especially when heading to Branch Ave, just too many GHETTO people on that train, I can't stand it; even though I have kind of accepted the fact that being in this city you will NOT escape the ghetto no matter where you go that's metro accessible. But YES, so where do I want to move, well of course I have been looking in Dupont, and in Chinatown. For some reason when I was looking for an apt when I was looking in Raleigh I couldn't find an apt in my price range in those areas, of course now that I live here, I see them all over! That would have been nice to know about 3 months ago! So yeah I think next year, I will be happy in a new place; doesn't help that I was robbed my first week of living here, I'm just saying!

So it's really depressing me that I have to leave for job training next month in Richmond, VA. I know it's close, but I've been meeting so many people, it just sucks to have to leave for 3 months! Ugh! But whatever, I will definitely be back here on the weekends which is all that matters, that's when all the action happens; I doubt I'll be making any weekday trips back unless someone gives me a really good reason to. Ok now I'm just blabbing along, I guess I don't have much else to say. Life here is calming down, nothing else exciting is happening. I can't allow that to happen, gotta cause some mischief somehow. Don't worry, I'll have something scandalous to talk about soon enough, just keep reading. :)

D's Quote of the Day : If you live your life and never face hard times, adversity, and everything goes right, you're definitely living your life wrong; and quite frankly, your life SUCKS! Go out and get a new one and quick! MOVE TO DC BITCH!

(Sorry the word bitch was used so much in this post!)

No comments:

Post a Comment