Monday, December 14, 2009

Heaven and Hell... ALL IN ONE WEEKEND YAY!

So, I officially survived my first week of living in DC... or kind of survived it; yeah long story, but you know of COURSE I'm going to tell it to you.

Well it all started this friday...

WAIT; before I start this story, I know I promised photos... but.. ok so the internet at Soho is ok.. but not THHAATT great, so I tried posting my photos of my apartment up here one night but it was taking forever so I gave up. I am now on a mission to find a coffee shop with better internet. But in the meantime, I'm still at Soho and cannot post photos. So just hold tight, I will post them soon!

Ok, so where was I... oh yeah, so it all started this Friday...

11 Dec : So I spend all day at work, working my ass off and then I leave! Yay! And my friends B & G were driving up to visit me; so I was so excited to have people I knew here with me in DC. So after two accidents and a 6 hour drive, (keep in mind it does NOT take 6 hours to get to DC from Raleigh; I don't know what the girls were doing), they finally make it to my apt. So I show them around my apartment a little, but then we hurry up and start drinking because we have to go out to PARTY! So B & G have this friend who went to school with us in Raleigh who now lives in DC, well we decide to meet up in Adam's Morgan to go out to some bars out there. This was my first time actually going out in Adam's Morgan so I was really excited about that. So we'll call him... A, (I'm going to run out of letter's in the alphabet soon enough); so we get out to Adam's Morgan and this A boy has fallen asleep on his couch and tells us he will drive and meet us out. So here we are 3 people completely unfamiliar with the area, trying to find a bar to go to. Well we catch a BUS, yes a FUCKING bus out to where the bars are. In the meantime G is getting hit on by some guy who thinks she's hispanic; sorry genius G is italian! Anyway, we stop in some random bar to use the bathroom, and leave because B was about to get beat up by some random girl in the bathroom! Well we get to the next bar, and it is really cool, with the exception of the dance floor which smells like must, it ended up being a lot of fun, and this is where A meets us. So in the interest of saving you time so you aren't reading this post for days let me explain some of the awkward things we saw at this bar that you'd ONLY see in DC:
1. Random girl from NC State that graduated with us and used to live in B & G's freshman year dorm... yeah weird
2. Counless makeout sessions at a particular spot in the the bar by multiple couples, including a threesome with a dude and two girls a guy I initially thought was gay.. ha! fooled me!
3. The new love of my life, Osama (my personal nickname for him), and in an effort to introduce myself, I had my lovely wingwoman G push the living shit out of me into him; uhh yeah worst pick up idea EVER!
4. Some random fat girl falls on B, and proceeds to stay on the ground for a good 30 seconds before deciding to get up

Yeah so after we couldn't take anymore we moved along to bar #2 where the events got even crazier; we witnessed...
1. 3 crazy fights, brought about by god knows what... no seriously!
2. The jolly RED giant! (aka some random 6'9 girl in a tall-t mistaken for a dress and HUGE boobs!)
3. The near death of some 90lb girl

Yeah so after we had enough, we headed home! We ended up taking a taxi where some guy with a very thick accent (I couldn't tell you where he was from) gave us a tour of DC and I got to see Obama!.. well kind of.. :)

12 Dec : I make the girls wake up at 9AM, they hated me for it! And we did a little shopping and I drove them around... yes I repeat DROVE them around. Ok, one with road rage like mine should NEVER drive in DC, and especially not after a night of heavy drinking. I think B & G immediately regretted that decision as G got carsick in the back and B was forced to be my navigator. So later that evening we went out to A's apartment in Friendship Heights (which is a VERY nice area btw, I had never been but it was awesome), and we had a great meal and I got to meet some cool DC people, including one girl who told me that I live in the ghetto. It's funny because even though I spent a good 5 minutes trying to defend my apartment, it was being broken into probably at that very moment, literally AS I SPOKE, BUT we'll get into that later. So yes, we ended up going out in Dupont that night afterwards, and I honestly don't have too much to say about it because I was soooo drunk, like seriously WASTED! But somehow we were able to navigate on the metro and make it back home.

Well that was my weekend in B & G and it was pretty amazing. I am so happy that they came this weekend, and because of them I was able to meet some very cool people. A is pretty much the nicest and most talented person on the planet, and his roommate (we'll call her K) is really nice too. So things are starting to look up for me from here! Thanks B & G, ya'll are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment