Sunday, December 20, 2009

I HATE SNOW!

So for those of you who did not catch it on the news, this past weekend DC experienced one of its worst snow storms EVER! I mean this was seriously ridiculous, 25' of snow!; a definite WTF moment when I woke up on Saturday morning. THANK GOD the boys were here this weekend to keep me company. So, yes the boys got here on Thursday evening, and it was definitely a great time overall. So let me begin with Thursday after work...

17 Dec : So they meet me at my apartment after work, and we decide to grab some food before we went out. We decided chinese would be a good option! So i just typed chinese on google maps on my iphone and this place called "Jenny's Chinese Restaurant" pops up. So we give this girl "Jenny" a call, and asked if she could deliver. Apparently Jenny is high class, because it is $50 to get your food delivered! We immediately say FUCK THAT we'll drive, it is literally like less than a mile up the street. So we head to "Jenny's Chinese Rest." and of course it's quiet, not very busy and just looks like your typical Chinese restaurant. We order our food, and Jenny lets us know that the wait will be from 10-15 mins, and makes the suggestion that we wait at the bar. Seeing that it was 9pm at this point, and I needed to get an early start on drinking since I had to be to work in the morning, of course I thought this a GREAT. So we walk to the bar, and it's seriously a like GHETTO club! Like I mean GHETTO! They are playing gangster rap music, and we are all just sitting there wondering WTF?? How is this a bar at a Chinese Restaurant?? So after a few minutes of feeling as uncomfortable as I have felt in a VERY long time, we head to go grab our food (needless to say we did not drink ANYTHING there). We head back to my aparment and eat (my recommendations, don't EVER eat food from Jenny's, it was terrible!) and then we prepare to go out for the night. We head to this bar called duplex, which was pretty fun; it has a very good crowd, and it was very chill. I could see myself returning at some point.

18 Dec : So this is where the fun begins. Now we've been following this storm all week, and this particular night is the night the snow storm was to begin. But of course we were not going to keep let that keep us in the apartment. We get beer from 7-11, (yes I have a 7-11 down the street from my apt!!!) pregame, wrap up hardcore, and walked in the snow to this club called Town. We make it there, completely covered in snow, and we're all ready to DANCE. This club was actually really fun. It definitely has a bad rep though from what I am gathering from all the others that live here. I think it's probably the $10 cover that keeps most locals away from this club, and the fact that it is 18 and up. Who wants to be partying with a bunch of kids! But it's here that I meet the Hawaiian. Why do I call him the Hawaiian, well that's because he's actually from Hawaii; he doesn't look Hawaiian though, but he does have a bit of an accent. We talk for a while until my friends let me know that we didn't have much time until the metro stopped running. And we could NOT miss the metro because the snow kept the cabs from operating that night, so we did not have much of a choice. So my time was cut short with the Hawaiian, so we exchange numbers and we say that we will definitely stay in touch. (Yay me! I've met someone!) I get a text from him that night saying that it was nice to have met me, and really wants to see me again, score one for D!

19 Dec : So the snow has gotten ridiculous at this point, and it will not stop. We got 25 inches of snow, like that is ridiculous! I am definitely not used to this. It just kept snowing, and snowing, and snowing and it did not stop! But we decide to venture out into town anyway despite the slick sidewalks and part of the metro shutting down. We grab food in dupont, and I bring my friends to Soho, because I love it! Then we went to the mall to take photos of the Washington Monument covered in snow! It was pretty amazing! You know I realized, that was my first time going out there since I was 13 years old, WTF?!? I really need to get out and experience this city more! But yeah, we ended up getting some great photos, I'm going to have to post them at some point. Well that night we ended up going to two bars, and I don't remember their names because I was very intoxicated. Haha; but one of my friends had a couple of his friends meet us at my apartment to pre-game before heading out. They were both very cool, one of them is in medical school at GWU. This night was really fun, and went kind of fast; but the bar we were at was so, so; but the people I was with made it a lot of fun! We ended up calling it an early night, but I've exchanged numbers with my friend's friend that lives here, so that makes friend number two!

10 Dec : So the boys left this morning and it made me really sad! But it was definitely good to have them here during the snow storm, and to help me meet some people out here. Now I don't feel so alone out here. Things are starting to look up! Work still keeps me super busy, but it's all good. I've been spoiled these past two weekends because I've had visitors, it's going to be really hard when I actually have a weekend alone. We'll see how that goes. But I'm lucky to have such good friends, they've definitely made this transition A LOT easier for me. Now this upcoming weekend is Christmas, so I'll be home for that, and then the weekend after that is New Years Eve, and B & G are going to be back for that! YAY! So I think I'll be covered for a little bit haha. Now I've just gotta convince my friend F to come up here too! And my little J too! But I think I've bored all of my followers enough for one post so I'll leave you with this, stolen from the show Weeds, my new favorite addiction now that I've been going all this time without cable.

Nancy of Weeds : "Love means always having to apologize"

I heard this and thought there was definitely thought there was some truth to it, but I decided to throw my own little spin on it of course

D's Quote of the Day : Love means always having to apologize, sacrifice, and know which battles to pick; never settle for someone who is not willing to do all of these things, because you'll find yourself miserable at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment